The Living and Learning Together project is a collaborative initiative involving a range of local organisations. These groups are involved in the provision of health, education and support services within the local area.
The projects steering committee meet on a regular basis to direct and oversee the work of the project; this work is instrumental in the delivery of one of the projects objectives of the creation of a Lifelong Learning Community.
The project aims to increase learning opportunities and provide well being activities among the most disadvantaged and excluded communities in Magherafelt and Antrim.
The project will work to develop learning opportunities and activities which address three themes:
- Enhancing and developing skills
- Social inclusion
- Health and well being
The project enables us to provide a range of free training courses in the following areas:
- Healthy Eating
- Physical Activities
- Mentoring Training
- Intergenerational Learning
- Traditional Craft Sessions
- Stress Management
- Understanding Children's Learning
- Instruction for Parents in use of Software
- Personal Development / Confidence Building
- Family Fun Days
- Story Sacks
- Awareness Raising Sessions in Health & Education
- Migrant Workers Language Classes